Sunday, October 23, 2011

Screen Printing

Next project: Tees and Totes.  Annie of Q Clothing has asked me to be part of their "Buy Local" holiday event by designing and printing t-shirts, tote bags, and whatever else I can think of that people may want to purchase for the holidays.  I've been meaning to do t-shirts for awhile now so I jumped at the chance.

Designing for merchandise offers me two major challenges.  1. How do I design something that will look good on multiple body types, not to mention be something that people will want to buy and wear? 2. I will be screen printing all of my own tees and totes.  Intimidating.  But I am comforted by the fact that my boyfriend is an expert screen printer (his website) and will most likely be looking over my shoulder the whole time, making sure I don't make a mess of his shop and/or destroy his equipment.

Wish me luck, you eleven lucky followers of my blog, and be sure to let me know if you would like me to screen print a design onto something of yours.  A pillowcase, perhaps?  Maybe an heirloom doily?  Your mother's best Sunday dress?

I will document my excursion into Travis' screenprinting domain, so if you've ever wondered about the process of screen printing you can check in over the course of the next few weeks to see how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment